STUDY & LICENCING
1. PREPARATION OF STUDIES FOR THE ISSUANCE OF DRILLING & WATER USE LICENSES
GAIADRILL undertakes the issuance of drilling permits at a low cost.
It undertakes in more detail:
- the preparation of the required Environmental and Hydrogeological studies as well as
- the supervision and monitoring of the supporting documents for the granting of a project execution permit and a water use permit
- Supervision of drilling construction and test pumping.
- The preparation of the technical results report, the drilling section, the results of the test pumping with the hydraulic characteristics of the aquifer (supply, pumping level, aquifer permeability, hydraulic characteristics, ..), which are necessary in the public 3.service, for the issuance of a license .
- taking water samples from the well and sending them to an accredited laboratory for chemical and microbiological analysis
- The preparation of all the necessary studies is done by the experienced Geologists of our company
2. WATER USES FOR WHICH PERMISSION IS REQUIRED
According to the current Legislation (Jοint Min. Decision No 146896, Government Gazette 2878 / 27-10-2014) the water uses for which a permit is required are potable water supply, agricultural use including irrigation, industrial use, energy use, and use for leisure (article 10 par. 1, Law 3199/2003).
The above uses may relate to surface or groundwater, both as a simple use or a use after a water drilling project.
The projects for the utilization of water resources for which the issuance of a license is required are the projects of:
- water intake
- water transfer
- network projects
- water treatment
- power supply and
- protection-maintenance projects
3. SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS FOR THE CONSTRUCTION PERMIT FOR A NEW WELL – PROCEDURE
According to JMD 146896 / 27-10-2014, applications for drilling licenses are submitted to the relevant reception service (local authorities- Dimos) and then forwarded to the Regional Administration.
We submit to the hosting service the original application folder, a hard copy and a digital format copy. The hosting service then performs a standard file completeness check and examines whether the water needs for the requested use are covered or could be covered by the municipal water supply network or other public network.
After completing the check of the formal completeness of the file, the service prepares a summary report, and transmits the original file and the digital copy to the competent Water Directorate.
The Water Directorate evaluates the file and conducts an autopsy to check the accuracy of the data in the file as well as the necessity of the project. The service may request additional supporting documents from the person concerned. The service then proceeds to issue the permit or reject the request.
The whole process according to the law lasts 50-60 working days.
4.1 GENERAL SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
- Cadastral map or copy of topographic diagram or excerpt of an orthophoto map or digital application image or excerpt of a topographic map of τthe Geographical Military Service (G.Y.S) in an appropriate case scale, depending on the type and size of the project, which will present:
- The water intake point with coordinates in EGSA 87 or WGS 84 projection system,
- the outlines of the water use areas from the water intake point, unless this information is provided by the O.S.D.E. as well as building and other facilities, if connected and supplied by the project.
- For linear works, the route and the coordinates of the beginning and the end of the project and the focal points of their route, in projection system EGSA 87 or WGS 84.
4.2. SPECIAL SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
B1. In case the applicant acts on behalf of a legal entity, legal authorization of representation.
B2. Official opinion of the competent Archaeological Services for the construction of the required works if they are located in whole or in part within a declared archeological site of protection zones A and B or near ancient, in the sense of articles 12, 13 and 10 par. 3 respectively, of Law 3028 / 2002 (A ‘153).
B3. Official opinion of the competent Forest Services, Environmental Services and / or the competent Environmental operator in case of projects that fall in whole or in part in NATURA 2000 area, in forest areas or other special protection areas.
B4. For drilling / wells / springs. Hydrogeological report that will include at least:
- Technical characteristics of water intake, such as depth, diameter of pipe, type and diameter of pipe etc.
- Area Geomorphology
- Geological-Hydrological-Hydrogeological Data (such as geological formations, hydrogeological behavior of formations, expected level – supply) – Geological map of the area – assessment of the quantitative and qualitative condition of the groundwater body according to the current National Water Management Plan.
B5. In case of water supply of individual installations, building permit or legalization document from the competent urban planning service or installation permit.
4.3 SUPPLEMENTARY SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
The additional supporting documents are submitted to the competent Water Directorate, based on the provisions of the relevant River Basin Management Plan and the applicable regulations.